Aims and stages of the programme
The main objective of the Programme is to include the issues related to personal data protection and the right to privacy in the educational offer of teachers vocational training centres, primary, secondary and high schools in Poland.
This objective will be implemented through the following specific aims:
- increasing knowledge on the legal status of personal data protection in Poland of teachers and teaching consultants;
- enhancing competences of teachers and teaching consultants in the field of shaping among students the knowledge and skills related to personal data protection and everyone’s right to privacy;
- including the issues related to personal data protection and the right to privacy in the educational offer for vocational training of teachers and teaching consultants;
- improving methodology techniques of teachers and teaching consultants;
- enabling exchange of experience on implementation of the curricula among teachers and teaching consultants;
- increasing knowledge of students on respecting human rights, including in particular the right to privacy and personal data protection;
- teaching students to become informed and responsible citizens.
The aims of the Programme are consistent with the curricula of pre-school and general education in particular types of schools.
One of the stages of the Programme is to train and provide teachers of schools and vocational training centres with educational materials including inter alia information on data protection rules and lesson scenarios, as well as to prepare teachers to form informed, responsible and open attitudes among pupils. Institutions, which have joined the Programme, receive educational materials during 2 days long obligatory training held in Warsaw.
The next stage of the Programme is running thematic lessons on personal data protection (as well as meetings, trainings, etc.) and organisation of the celebration of the European Data Protection Day in schools and teachers vocational training centres.
The last stage of the Programme consists in developing lesson scenarios and drawing up an evaluation report on the activities undertaken within the framework of the Programme.
Each participant of the Programme which applied to the Personal Data Protection Office will be provided with:
- free trainings with the framework of vocational training,
- support of the Personal Data Protection Office,
- free teaching materials and lesson scenarios used for introducing new contents during classes with students.