Single infoline number for all
From 2nd March 2020 infoline staff will be available to all customers on one telephone number: 606-950-000. Our experts are available from Monday to Friday between 10.00-14.00.
Until now, there were two infoline numbers: one for citizens and the other one for data protection officers (DPOs). From 2nd March 2020, under one telephone number, infoline experts will provide information to anyone interested in expanding their knowledge on personal data protection.
The changes are caused by the growing number of queries, and thanks to them even more people will get the information they need more quickly. The infoline working time has also been extended by one hour since December 2019.
Several thousands of people are consulted on data protection issues through the UODO infoline each month.
In what situations should people contact the UODO infoline?
In a situation when you are looking for:
• information on when the provisions on the protection of personal data apply, and information on when specific legal provisions which regulate the separate use of personal data apply,
• information on the provisions on the protection of personal data (concepts, to which the provisions relate, what are the obligations of persons and companies processing the data, i.e. the so-called data controllers, including the information obligation),
• information when there is a data breach,
• information on how to pursue your rights in case of a breach of the right to personal data protection and the right to privacy,
• information on formal matters, e.g. how to file a complaint,
• help in finding information posted on the UODO website.
The infoline does not provide legal advice.